Orchard Recruiting are pleased to be helping our client in their search for an HR Advisor to cover for Maternity Leave for 12 months. As an HR Advisor you will provide general day-to-day HR support across the business in relation to all HR, Employee Benefits, change management, Learning and Development and other administrative correspondence for all employees, in compliance with employment legislation and best practice.
The business has approximately 190 staff based predominantly at its offices near Hamble, with staff working remotely across England, and within the home countries (Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales).
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the postholder will have 1 direct report, a Human Resources Administrator and work with external HR Consultants.
- To line manage and support the development of the HR Administrator.
- Act as the first point of contact for all HR queries, whilst supporting the HR Administrator with queries, providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, whilst ensuring consistent interpretation and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Support HR Administrator with processing of HR correspondence, including starters, leavers, probationary reviews, holiday, family leave, employee benefits and references.
- Manage employee relations casework (i.e. performance management, conduct, absence management). Seeking guidance and support from the Head of Human Resources and or the external HR Consultants when necessary.
- Be actively involved in the full recruitment process, including preparing job descriptions, posting advertisements ensuring maximum exposure, attending interviews, and drafting offer letters & contracts of employment. Ensuring a thorough and effective onboarding process for all new entrants is in place.
- Stay informed of changes to employment legislation. Reviewing, developing and maintaining HR policies, procedures and practices in accordance with any changes to legislation and ensuring they are adhered to throughout the Association alongside the Head of Human Resources.
- Support managers and employees with the interim and end of year appraisal processes, ensuring requests for personal development are actioned in conjunction with the relevant line manager.
- Facilitate the annual employee survey process including the development of the survey, collating, and analysing of the results, reporting on results at all levels of the business and devising an appropriate action plan based on the feedback received.
- Support the Head of Human Resources with projects and initiatives associated with the HR function.
- Update and manage the online HR system, ensuring all changes are accurately recorded and employee records are up to date as well as updating policies and procedures.
- Understanding and practical knowledge of employment law and employer best practice.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, and Excel.
- Ability and willingness to learn database and website systems, for which training will be given.
- Ability to build strong effective working relationships, dealing with complaints/problems, resolving disagreements, etc.
- Demonstrable commitment to inclusive working, ensuring equality and valuing diversity.
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Able to work under pressure without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Strong written communication.
- Significant experience of working in a generalist HR environment, to include experience of supporting managers across a variety of departments at different levels in all aspects of HR and training. Change Management experience
- CIPD qualified, to at least Level 5.
The role will be office based to start with but then 3 days office and 2 days home based first month or so will be 100% office based.
Salary is £33k to £35k DOE – They have onsite parking as well.