We are recruiting for an Administrator for one of our clients in Southampton, this is a great opportunity for someone that has at least one/two years administrative experience, preferably from an Insurance, Finance or Professional Services background. The purpose of the role will be processing work up to a medium complexity within an allocated work team and after consolidation of knowledge and experience developing a broader knowledge of a 2nd work team within our clients IPSS Department. Working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Learning and processing work to high complexity level in their allocated work team and gaining the experience of each process to fully demonstrate competency in each task:
- Actioning incoming correspondence (hard copies, email and EPO electronic mailbox) and scanning and saving to the correct location within the firm’s document management system.
- Updating the firms IP portfolio management system to record details of IP cases and key information from correspondence, including official due dates.
- Notifying IP attorneys and other staff within the firm that correspondence has been received.
- Monitoring both internal and official due dates and ensuring necessary tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Producing high quality written communication, including internal correspondence and correspondence to clients and external agents.
- Preparing, filing, renewing and validating patent, trade mark, design (and other IP rights) applications and registrations. This will involve dealing with the Patent/Trade Mark office either directly, via foreign agents or via intermediaries.
- Liaising with IP attorneys, other staff, and external agents in order to complete the actions outlined above.
- After consolidation of learning in the allocated work team progressing to learning and processing low complexity work within a 2nd work team and gaining the experience of each process to fully demonstrate competency in each task.
- After demonstrating competence in low complexity work progressing to acting as a ‘buddy’ and providing information and support to other team members who are learning and processing low complexity work within the Administrator’s allocated work team.
- Providing timely and appropriate feedback both to the individual their ‘buddy’ and to management.
- Ability to work in a methodical manner and adopt a logical approach to individual tasks.
- Ability to adapt and move to different stages in the process to complete each task assigned.
- Experience of working to and meeting tight deadlines in an administrative environment.
- Ability to prioritise and manage fluctuating workloads, demands and deadlines.
- Willing and eager to learn with the ability to complete tasks as instructed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work independently and complete routine tasks without supervision.
25 Days annual leave
Group Life Assurance
Medical Insurance after one years service
Healthcare Cashplan after one years service
Dental Insurance after one years service
Discounted Gym Membership
Cycle to Work Scheme
Discounted Shopping Portal