We have several exciting opportunities for Claims Handlers with a hunger for challenges looking to join a fast-growing, high-quality Claims Management business which is located on the outskirts of Southampton.
Our client provides high quality solutions to claim situations. Trading for over 25 years and now private equity backed, they have earned a reputation for quality domestic and commercial loss adjusting with specialisms in subsidence, property, liability and high net worth claims. They take pride in the quality, experience and passion of their staff. This is reflected in the reputation they have earned, with a loss adjusting product that has been developed and refined and has been consistently rated as “Excellent” in external client audits.
- Responsible for a case load, including claims from their first receipt until completion and ensure that the loss or damage is covered sufficiently by the terms of the policyholder’s insurance policy.
- Act as a claim’s referral point for the insurer.
- Liaise with insurers, policyholders and other.
- Ensure that claims presented are handled promptly, efficiently and within agreed service levels.
- Working as part of a team to assist with other cases as workloads and holidays demand.
- Manage your case load effectively with a proactive approach to settling claims.
- To ensure that all avenues for recovery or subrogation are investigated evaluated and pursued, as appropriate.
- To actively manage expectation of all parties involved and develop strategy for effective claim resolution.
- Diary Management of inhouse claims system.
- Maintaining an awareness of new developments in loss adjusting as related to claims and ensuring that appropriate matters are shared with the team.
Candidate will need
- Minimum of one year claims adjusting experience in both Commercial and Domestic.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Household Insurance Policies, Commercial Insurance Policies and Liability or similar industry Knowledge.
- Strong administration skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written with an ability to articulate complex issues.
- Good technical and problem-solving skills with an eye for identifying solutions.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision.
- Quality driven with high levels of attention to detail.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, and confident, ability to be assertive and persistent when required.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Employer and Employee 5% Contributory Pension
- Private Health Care
- 25 Days Annual Leave, plus additional one day Birthday Holiday
- Death in service
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, paternity, and sick pay