We are delighted to be helping our client in their search for a Junior Paralegal based in London to provide secretarial support to Solicitors with minimal supervision and to undertake both routine and complex paralegal / secretarial duties.
- Preparing letters and formal documents
- Working on agreements
- Attending to daily administration requests for the solicitor such as file management, email filing, scanning and photocopying
- Sending emails on behalf of solicitors
- Completing conflict checks
- Calculating and preparing client invoices, to include debit and credit notes
- Opening and closing case files in the systems, Inprotech and CMS
- Adding and updating deadline dates in Inprotech and diaries
- Completing expenses requests
- PA duties such as arranging travel, booking flights and keeping diaries up to date
- Previous legal secretarial experience (in any legal discipline) – Essential.
- Knowledge or experience of Intellectual Property – Essential
- Strong typing and keyboard skills – Essential
- Previous experience of working with digital dictation and audio typing – Desirable
- Experience in billing clients and working within a complex billing structure – Essential
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates an organised approach to their work – Essential
- Familiar with managing and working with key dates – Essential
Strong prioritisation skills gained within a high deadline environment – Essential
- Excellent spelling and grammar – Essential
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and take pride in producing high quality work – Essential
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written – Essential
This job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they exist currently, but it is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule, and it is not part of the contract of employment.